I do not know the camera shooting the film but I like the color of the film nostalgic. So sometimes I also get these photos out to handle still-life style fake drama. Generally calculated I should often seek capital lazy steps to minimize as much as possible. Today I share with you six steps to turn a photo into an image of fake movie.
First I have some notes that this is just my experience, not only the theoretical knowledge:
– Shelf noise. Iso just whipped 800-1600, rolls back out. I no 60×100 cm prints it.
– WB accurate. WB should shoot accurately in order to photograph not the color implies.
– Take a little bit underexposed.
This is not fine-tune the picture of what. WB is a tungsten lamp, EV -0.5, Iso 2200. Start editing, no fixed parameters should be adjusted to suit your size picture then, here I use 1200×800 pixel size. You can click the image to enlarge.
1. Create contrast with Curves: We create a Curves layer and create S-shaped line (called the S tui or magic) for RGB channel. This layer works dim shadows and bright areas increased, as the picture in contrast seem stronger.
2. Adjust color with Curves: After working with RGB channel, switch to the Blue channel (also on the Curves layer just a while ago). This step is what renders color photos so you like what color the color implies that, as I hinted violet plates. You can customize to your liking whatever gold red green by choosing chanel above.
3. Reduce the brilliant color with Hue Layer: The layer tweaked Curves step, the color may be unnecessarily flaming a (not so), it is possible to reduce image looked “film” over. Create a new layer and fill it with black and go to Hue blend mode, opacity and fill his eyes adjust to fit. If you are not brightly colored images can skip this step.
4. Adjust the contrast with the layer to Overlay. Picture this time may be a lack of contrast, I copy a layer including all that has governed (Alt + Ctrl + Shift + E) and the blend mode to Overlay. Fill Opacity and adjust depending on your eyes.
5. Create at 4 corners with Layer Mask: After tweaking Curves layer, I created a new layer and in shaded it. In this I added a layer mask (mask). The note you choose to dental circular gradient (2nd icon on the table gradient).
In this mask, I create a gradient like the image. Press G (gradient fill), bowl from the center out to the edge image.
The photo looks already seems pretty good, I continued to paint with a brush for this mask. This brush you can set parameters according to the image size and select the fill color is black. After adorn, I have almost completed the picture.
6. Adjust the brightness with the Curves layer: The picture may be overexposed / underexposed. I will tweak the last time with the Curve layer, RGB channel.
And here’s the final: