Wood imitation paint is a popular product today with its superior features as well as simple construction, bringing a new style to your home.
What is imitation wood paint?
Wood imitation paint is a paint that is combined from two main types, which are pigments and glues, with these ingredients to create a product very similar to natural wood grain, ensuring durability and variety of colors. Color is usually covered on the surface of the wall, floor, ceiling.
The outstanding advantages of wood imitation paint
Using fake wood wall paint brings a beautiful, luxurious, modern and cozy living space just like you use natural wood or industrial wood without having to spend too much money.
– Wood imitation paint has high durability, with good resistance to ultraviolet rays as well as sunlight but still retains the original color, we can use up to 10-15 years.
– Wood imitation paint dries very quickly, with good coverage and easy construction as well as relatively low construction costs, so it is suitable for many projects.
– Wood imitation paint is very safe for human health because it does not contain substances such as lead, mercury or other harmful chemicals.
– This paint has high waterproofing, anti-scratch and anti-dust ability, so cleaning is simple unlike wooden products.
Some notes when painting imitation wood
– Before applying paint, you need to stir the paint evenly before applying.
– Prepare adequate painting equipment, ensure that the paint surface is qualified, it is necessary to mix paint with the correct ratio, check the appropriate color.
– When painting, paint and paint imitation wood must follow the rules of the length of the brush and always stick to the surface to avoid breakage.
– When painting, the direction of the color paint and the base paint must be in the same direction, it is necessary to apply alternating layers of dark and light layers to resemble the most natural wood grain.
Absolutely do not paint in the rain.
Quotation for imitation wood paint
The price is for your reference because it goes up and down according to the market price.
Price of imitation wood paint by meter length (painting on all materials): 280,000 – 500,000 VND/m length
Price of imitation wood paint by m2 (painting on all materials): 280,000 – 500,000 VND/m2
Wood imitation paint application
Wood imitation paint is used for walls and stairs, family churches, temples…
Primer plays an extremely important role to create a smooth, perfect paint surface. However, in many cases, we still accidentally ignore this paint layer and make the coating and paint color not as beautiful as expected.
1. What is primer?
Primer is a layer of paint with a separate formula that is applied to the surface of the material before painting or painting. Primer helps the surface to have good adhesion, supports the transition paint to adhere to the surface of the material.
Therefore, the process of repainting or painting new walls and primers is a step that should not be skipped.
2. Uses of the primer layer
Primer is used with many optimal uses:
– Limit paint peeling: The primer acts as a double-sided adhesive tape that attaches the surface to the transition paint. This prevents the paint from peeling.
– Improve adhesion quality: Primer has anti-alkali effect commonly found in lime and cement. The more wet the surface, the higher the alkalinity, which easily breaks down the structure of the paint layer, causing the coating to be chalky, patchy, moldy or yellow. Therefore, the primer layer has the effect of covering the alkaline surface, improving the adhesion quality for the coating layer.
– Antibacterial, anti-mildew: Due to the humid climate and weather in our country, the walls often have high humidity or are waterlogged, the phenomenon of mold appears a lot and causes a loss of aesthetics for the surface. The primer has antibacterial, anti-mildew and helps the paint structure to be durable.
– Create gloss, smooth, even paint color: The primer layer helps to increase the thickness of the paint layer, creating a gloss and smoothness so that when the topcoat has a stable surface, the paint color is more beautiful and even.
3. Is primer really necessary?
Primer is a necessary step in the painting process to improve paint quality and surface quality.
In fact, works that use the correct primer process rarely have peeling or discolouration and the surface of the work has very high color fastness.
The reason is because when the primer layer is combined with the topcoat, it will form a super-bonded and tough paint film, helping to resist the negative effects of the weather such as hot sun, humidity, dust, etc. .
Special Note: If you paint over an old dark coat without using a primer it will most likely cost more because you have to use multiple coats of paint or don’t get the color you want after painting.
4. Frequently asked questions about primers
4.1 How many coats of primer should be applied?
Typically, the painting process requires a minimum of one coat of primer. However, you can also apply 2 coats of primer to ensure greater efficiency.
4.2 Do the walls need to be primed?
The putty layer has the effect of creating a relatively flat surface for the wall surface, but as you have learned about the use of the primer, in addition to the background layer, the primer also has anti-alkali, antibacterial and anti-fungal effects.